Recently, Richard from Northeast Home & Energy had the opportunity to meet with Ray Mead to talk about the Stephen H. Roney Memorial Park, a project started by firefighters from the Engine Company No. 2 of Grafton, Inc.. With dedication and help from the Grafton Community Preservation Fund and other generous donors, this beautiful park is approaching Phase Two! ?
Here is a little bit about the project and Stephen H. Roney:
- The park:
- Located at the corner of North Grafton’s North Main Street and Bridge Street, the Stephen H. Roney Memorial Park was created by the Engine Company No. 2 of Grafton
- Stephen H. Roney:
- This quaint and relaxing space … is a project initiated by his brother firefighters from Grafton Fire Department Engine Company Two, of which he was a firefighter for forty-five years and Captain for eleven. Steve answered the call to help those in need both as a firefighter and director of Roney Funeral Home, serving this town with humility, pride, strength and compassion. He was a devoted steward and parishioner of St. Mary’s Parish, happily giving his time as a Eucharistic Minister. Many former Little League players have fond memories of being coached by him as they learned the game.”
- The Grafton Fire Department Engine Company Two:
- “Our organization’s primary goal is to raise funds to purchase goods and services that will be used to improve the firefighting abilities of the Grafton Fire Department, fund an annual $1,000 scholarship and support other local civic groups with the same general goal of promoting the public good. Our organization purchases additional equipment and training above and beyond that which is provided by the Town.”
- How you can donate:
- “Phase Two of the project, starting soon, will include the installation of lighting, benches, signage, a flag pole, and landscaping. We are dedicated to maintaining this park and are seeking donations to finalize the completion of the park.”
- Checks, online donations, and sponsorship donations are much appreciated and can be accessed by clicking here.
- *Source: http://www.graftonengine2.org
We wanted to give back to our community, and we encourage you to learn more! ⭐️ http://www.graftonengine2.org/roneypark/
As always, Northeast is a phone call away for organizations you are passionate about, questions, comments, and free estimates! (508) 839-7001?